Meals and Food Assistance Resources
Free Meals for School-Aged Children
- NDS (Nutritional Development Services) Provides Free Meals for Children in need of food and meals for children at no cost. Meal sites for children offer a 5 Day Meal Kit box, including breakfast and lunch for a week for each child in your family. Visit http://nutritionaldevelopmentservices.org/covid19/ for an interactive map in the Greater Philadelphia area.
- USDA Extends Free Meals for Kids Through December 31, 2020!! This unprecedented move will help ensure – no matter what the situation is on-the-ground – children have access to nutritious food as the country recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic. Please visit https://www.fns.usda.gov/meals4kids to use the Site Finder interactive map for locations in all 50 states
Free Community Meals (Bucks County)
- Advocates for the Homeless and Those in Need (AHTN) of Lower Bucks County provides Free Meals for the entire family. While traditional (sit down) community meals are not open at this time due to COVID-19 guidelines, several sites are offering to go meals. Please visit AHTN.org for more information.
Fresh Food & Food Pantries
- Farm to Families Program St. Mary Medical Center offers the Farm to Families program. It provides fresh, healthy, affordable food throughout lower Bucks County.
- Fresh Connect Bucks County Fresh Connect is a collaboration of Bucks County Opportunity Council, Philabundance, Rolling Harvest Food Rescue and St. Mary Medical Center, with generous funding by United Way of Bucks County. Fresh Connect offers free, farm fresh foods at three (3) locations per week throughout the county. FRESH CONNECT IS OPEN as a drive-through service during COVID-19
Due to COVID-19, please call Pantries before visiting, as many pantries are reducing hours or closing during this time.
- Klinger Middle School Farmers Market Every second and fourth Wednesday of the month; free for families in the Centennial School District.
- Bucks Co. Food Pantries Please find a list of food pantries throughout Bucks County along with operating hours and contact information.
- Montgomery County Food Pantries Find food pantries using the Montco Anti Hunger Network’s interactive map
- NDS (Nutritional Development Services) Food Cupboards throughout the Philadelphia region. These NDS-sponsored food cupboards offer non-perishable food items and some toiletries like soap, toothpaste, etc. In addition, some cupboards also have diapers and formula for infants.
- Find an Interactive List of Food Pantries in the Greater Philadelphia Region provided by the Coalition Against Hunger.
Food Assistance Programs
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) helps Pennsylvanians buy food to obtain a more nutritious diet. Learn more about the SNAP program and how to apply.
For SNAP assistance in the Philadelphia region, visit the Coalition Against Hunger SNAP Help page.
Bucks County Food Assistance Sites Map (Click to access the interactive map) Find programs including including SNAP, WIC, fresh food, pantries and summer meals for school-aged children!
Other Resources for those with multiple needs
- Visit Pennsylvania 211, a community resource connection tool provided by the United Way of Pennsylvania.
- Visit auntbertha, a social care network that “takes the difficulty out of navigating the system to get help.” This site lists additional meals, food pantries and food assistance programs as well as medical, dental and mental health resources. COVID-19 specific resources are also listed at this time.
Food & Nutrition Education
- Find food, health and fitness resources for all ages on Eatright.org, a healthy living resource from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Find Information on Healthy Eating for Parents including topics such as healthy food shopping tips and guidance by age group (toddlers to teens) provided by Nemours.
- Find games, activities, and information about eating healthy on the USDA’s Food and Nutrition Page.
Food Farmacy – Eating for Health
- Apply for MANNA Services MANNA provides temporary meal services and nutrition education to those in the Greater Philadelphia area battling illness. MANNA believes food is medicine.