Children’s Health Resources
MAGIC has identified a number of organizations that may provide additional information and resources.
National Resources for Information about Children’s Health and Wellness
- In Pennsylvania, 1.8 million people are struggling with hunger – and of them 695,495 are children.
- People facing hunger in Pennsylvania are estimated to report needing $821,658,000 more per year to meet their food needs.
- For more information about child hunger in Pennsylvania see the Hunger in PA Facts Sheet.
Health & Well-being
- For multiple needs, or if you do not find what you are looking for below, please visit auntbertha, a social care network that “takes the difficulty out of navigating the system to get help.” This site lists additional meals, food pantries and food assistance programs as well as medical, dental and mental health resources. COVID-19 specific resources are also listed at this time.
Meals and Food Assistance Resources
Summer Meals for School-Aged Children
- Click HERE to view an Interactive Map of Free Summer Meals for Kids and Teens under age 18 in the Greater Philadelphia area.
- Free Meals for Children and Youth (aged 18 and younger) who are impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Nutritional Development Services of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia (NDS) has partnered with 24 sites throughout the region to ensure children have access to nutritious meals at no cost. All breakfast and lunch options provide students with their daily requirement for calories and key growth nutrients. Each site features a “grab and go” delivery system respecting and following all directives and guidelines provided by government and health department officials.
Community Meals Programs
Fresh Food & Food Pantries
- Farm to Families Program St. Mary Medical Center offers the Farm to Families program. It provides fresh, healthy, affordable food throughout lower Bucks County.
- Fresh Connect Bucks County Fresh Connect is a collaboration of Bucks County Opportunity Council, Philabundance, Rolling Harvest Food Rescue and St. Mary Medical Center, with generous funding by United Way of Bucks County. Fresh Connect offers free, farm fresh foods at three (3) locations per week throughout the county. FRESH CONNECT IS OPEN as a drive-through service during COVID-19
Due to COVID-19, please call Pantries before visiting, as many pantries are reducing hours or closing during this time.
- Bucks Co. Food Pantries Please find a list of food pantries throughout Bucks County along with operating hours and contact information.
- Find an Interactive List of Food Pantries in the Greater Philadelphia Region.
Food Assistance Programs
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) helps Pennsylvanians buy food to obtain a more nutritious diet. Learn more about the SNAP program and how to apply.
Bucks County Food Assistance Sites Map (Click to access an interactive map) Find programs including including SNAP, WIC, fresh food, pantries and summer meals for school-aged children!
Food Farmacy – Eating for Health
- Apply for MANNA Services MANNA provides temporary meal services and nutrition education to those in the Greater Philadelphia area battling illness. MANNA believes food is medicine.
Food Education & Nutrition
- Become a Sunday Suppers Family Sunday Suppers enhances the overall health and wellness of families through the transformative power of family meals, serving low-income neighborhoods in Philadelphia.